Tuesday, January 8

Svadhishthana Origami




Recently I have begun work on the second Chakra, Svadhishthana. This Chakra, orange in colour, is a centre for creativity, sexuality, and desire, and is also associated with our emotions. Svadhishthana is of particular interest to me because it shares many elements with my sun sign, Cancer. Along with the emotional and sexual nature, it shares its symbols with Cancer. Its element is water, its metal silver, its planet the moon.

When it is balanced Svadhishthana fosters an exuberance for life, especially its sensuous aspects. This makes sense since its vehicles are emotions, sexuality and creativity, which are the spheres of our psyche where we experience the conscious appreciation of being alive.

Because of the comradery I feel with this Chakra, I may stay here for a bit longer than I would typically. It also seems to be an important Chakra for artists because such a large part of what we do involves being able to stop and see the hidden potential in ourselves and in the world around us.

To externalize my focus on Svadhishthana, I have decorated my meditation altar in orange, including a couple orange fish, which is an animal associated with this Chakra. I even managed to find some beautiful old Silver trays from a local thrift store to add some weight.

No comments: