Wednesday, June 18

The Zen of Silk Screening





After my long hiatus of doing nothing, I have come out of a two-week silk screening haze with 450 adorned pieces of paper and 450 matching envelopes, making approximately 30 sets of stationary. If that sounds like a lot, that's because it is a lot. Yet despite the mass quantities, I didn't find myself procrastinating or getting bored. Once you get going with silk screening, once all the kinks are ironed out, it's quite soothing. You get into the zone, you feel the Zen. My armpits did get pretty tired though.

The stationary designs were inspired by the ocean. Pictured above is my favourite, the Blue whale. It is part of a trio that comes on gray paper, which also includes Killer whales and Sperm whales. The other set of stationary is on ivory paper, decorated with Sea Stars. Brittle Stars, spotted stars, and pointy stars. All sets come with colour co-ordinated sea kelp envelopes. There are many colour combinations to choose from. They come in packs of 12, (envelopes included). They will be for sale at my booth at Art on the Street, (July 19th). Any extras will be sold in my Etsy shop.

No comments: